Saturday, September 15, 2012

Scripture Memory 2012: Verse 18

Thanks to my lovely sister, I found a new blog that I really like. It's called To Love, Honor and Vacuum: Real Marriage. No Pretensions.

The blog is written by a Christian author from Canada, and it is obviously mostly about marriage. I was so happy that my sister recommended it to me because like I told her, Andy has been easily winning the "best spouse award" around here and I want to give him a run for his money.

One of the most popular (and most "pinned") blog posts from To Love, Honor, and Vacuum is her post called, "50 Most Important Bible Verses to Memorize"


It's a great list of verses to memorize if you ever have trouble coming up with a verse you want to work on. It's also a great list to have your whole family work on (if you are that ambitious!). I really like the author's comments about memorizing the 50 verses (She also recommends a few chapters to memorize):
Look at it this way: if you spend one year memorizing the fifty verses, and the next year reviewing those fifty and memorizing a chapter, and then go back to those fifty verses again to make sure you have them down, and then the next year go back and do a different chapter, and so on, over the course of ten years you’ll have 50 verses and 5 chapters so committed to memory there is no way anyone could ever forget it.

And I think knowing fewer verses, but knowing them inside and out, is sometimes more beneficial in the long run than trying to make yourself learn a verse a day or something.

So, for my verse this time around, I wanted to use one from her list.

Megan L. from San Marcos "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" 2 Corinthians 5:17 NIV

10 comments:

Christian and Jenny said...

Jenny A. ~ Fallbrook, CA

I just realized I never posted a verse last time!! The move, the heat and pregnancy brain got the best of me :-/

1 John 2:28
"And now, dear children, continue in him, so that when he appears we may be confident and unashamed before him at his coming."

I'm gonna check out that blog -- thanks for the tip! :)

Anonymous said...

Mindy M, Escondido

Psalm 103: 21-22 (I've memorized a whole chapter!!)

Bless the Lord, all his hosts,
his ministers, who do his will!
Bless the Lord, all his works,
in all places of his dominion.
Bless the Lord, O my soul!

Megan said...

Mindy...Yay! Congrats on memorizing all of Psalm 103!!!

Katy W. said...

Katy W., Oceanside, CA

Bless the Lord, O my soul,
And all that is within me, bless His holy name.

Ps. 103:1 (NASB)


Congrats, Mindy! (And how ironic that the Lord put Ps. 103:1 on my heart this morning to mediate on.)

Anonymous said...

Cari (South Carolina) "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you" Psalm 56:3 (ESV)

Karen said...

Karen from Carlsbad:

...and the peace of God,which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:7 (NKJV)

TimeOut said...

Deb from Ohio
James 1:6
But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.

Joy said...

For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him. Colossians 1:16

TheBTeam said...

Belinda G. Escondido, CA
"Above all else guard your heart for it is the wellspring of life" Proverbs 4:23 (NIV)

Anonymous said...

Ginny D from Carlsbad
1Cor 10:31 NIV
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.