Monday, July 2, 2012

Scripture Memory 2012: Verse 13

Summer time sure is a crazy, busy, fun time for us! To give myself a little break, I'm going to review a verse I memorized last year. It's one that I really need to meditate on more. It's so easy for me to get caught up in this temporary world and I so easily lose an eternal perspective on things.
 
Megan L. from San Marcos: "Since then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." Colossians 3:1-2 NIV

And to go with this verse, one of my favorite quotes:
"If you read history you will find that the Christians who did the most for the present world were precisely those who thought the most of the next. It is since Christians have largely ceased to think of the other world that they have become so ineffective in this." C.S. Lewis
Oh Lord, that I will remember where my true home is and how fleeting life here on earth is!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cari (South Carolina)
14 For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, 15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named" Ephesians 3:14-15 (ESV)

Christian and Jenny said...

Jenny A. Fallbrook, CA
I am picking a verse to think about as I spend a couple weeks on vacation at the beach. My plan is to leave my bible at home and just take my book of vereses to meditate on and work on.

Psalm 69:34
(NIV)
"Let heaven and earth praise him,
the seas and all that move in them"

Joy said...

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and a contrite heart, O God, Thou wilt not despise. Psalm 51:17

Danae said...

Danae, Escondido:

I am loving spending this time learning and meditating upon Psalm 139! Here are my next two verses in this psalm:

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14, NIV

Scott and Deb said...

Deb from Ohio
James 1:27 NIV
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Karen said...

Karen K. from Carlsbad, CA:
Psalm 23:3 (NKJV)
He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
for His names sake.

(oops, a little late, busy moving my Mom)

Katy W. said...

Katy W., Oceanside (formally Carlsbad), CA

Psalms 119:25
My soul clings to the dust;
give me life according to your word!
(ESV)

Anonymous said...

Lynette Cooper from Fallbrook CA

She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet. Proverbs 31:21

Really late with thIs verse and think I may have mIssed too many but I will post anyways! Thank you KATY W!