Friday, June 15, 2012

Scripture Memory 2012: Verse 12

This was from Beth Moore's post exactly one year ago when she was doing the Scripture memory challenge on her blog:

 Hear bells and whistles and lots of music, maybe even a few beginning bars of the Hallelujah chorus: YOU MADE IT EXACTLY HALFWAY!!!! You are officially over the hump after you get this entry behind you.
Way to go, Sisters. Way to go! It’s a pretty good feeling, isn’t it? Don’t think for a second that the enemy didn’t try to steal away your focus and commitment. If you made it this far, you fought with him and won. This is a big victory. Celebrate it with your very faithful God.

Isn't Beth a great cheerleader!

I had no idea what to expect when I started this Scripture memory blog in January, but it's exciting to see that we are halfway done and there are more people commenting than just me and my mom. :-) Thanks, ladies! It's been a fun adventure so far!

So, here's my verse:

Megan L. from San Marcos: "Train yourself to be godly. For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come." I Timothy 4:7b-8 NIV




11 comments:

kimdexter said...

Phil. 4:10 (NIV)
"I rejoiced greatly in the Lord that at last you renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you were concered, but you had no opportunity to show it."
While reading this verse, I was struck upon the thought of SHOWING concern toward others, not just saying it and not just praying. From this verse, it seems to me that it's important for us to SHOW concern. I have an acquantence in prison and I think of him and pray, but I had to renew my concern for him by taking the time to write to him.

Anonymous said...

Mindy M, Escondido.

For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him;
as far as the east is from the west,
so far does he remove our transgressions from us. Psalm 103:11-12 (ESV)

TheBTeam said...

Belinda G, Escondido, CA

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. (Colossians 3:12 NIV84)

Family vacation this week with little sleep for me but still want to clothe myself with these character traits.

Shaping My Heart said...

Rachel G, Indy

"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."
Isaiah 55:9 NIV

Christian and Jenny said...

Jenny A - Fallbrook

"Train yourself to be godly. For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come."
1 Tim 4:7b-8 NIV

I'm using Megan's. I needed to hear it this week!

Joy said...

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

Anonymous said...

Ginny D from Carlsbad
John 1:15
John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying "This was he of whom I said, He who comes after me has surpassed me because He was before me." NIV

Anonymous said...

Cari (South Carolina) "For this reason I bow my knees before the Father" Ephesians 3:14

Scott and Deb said...

Deb from Ohio
Isaiah 30:15 NIV
This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel says: "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it."

This verse is so convicting to me that God wants me to be quiet, rest, and trust, but I refuse His gift. Instead I keep trying on my own strength.

Karen said...

Karen K. from Carlsbad, CA: He makes me lie down in green pastures: He leads me besides the still water. Psalm 23:2 (NKJV)

Doesn't this sound lovely?!

Jill said...

Jill L from Beaumont
My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior.
Luke 1:46-47, NIV