Friday, June 1, 2012

Scripture Memory 2012: Verse 11

I just finished the book Knowing God by J.I. Packer. It is a fantastic book that I really should read every year. The funny thing is my husband bought the book for me for my 21st birthday (while we were dating), and it took me almost 11 years to finish it. Yikes! As soon as I finished it, I started reading it again from the beginning. My goal is that it won't take me 11 years this time! Knowing God and the Bible study I just finished on Paul was the inspiration for my next memory verse.
                                 
Megan L. from San Marcos: "But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead." Philippians 3:7-11

12 comments:

kimdexter said...

"Who is a God like you, pardoning iniquity and passing over trangression for the remnant of his inheritance? He does not retain his anger forever, beause he delights in steadfast love"

Ruth-Oregon

Danae said...

Danae, Escondido:

"If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast."
Psalm 139:9-10, NIV

I am really enjoying memorizing complete Psalms and love having the verses of this Psalm running through my mind on a daily basis!

Karen said...

Karen K. from Carlsbad:
I also enjoy memorizing groups of verses.
My new 'grouping' is the famous Psalm 23. (NKJV)
"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want."
How easy is that!

Anonymous said...

Ginny D Carlsbad
John1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. NIV

Anonymous said...

Mindy M, Escondido: continuing Psalm 103...

He will not always chide,
nor will he keep his anger forever.
He does not deal with us according to our sins,
nor repay us according to our iniquities. Psalm 103:9-10 9(ESV)

Shaping My Heart said...

Rachel Gallo, Indy

"A wife of noble character is her husband's crown, but a disgraceful wife is like decay in his bones."
Proverbs 12:4, NIV

Christian and Jenny said...

Jenny A Fallbrook, CA

"He must become greater, I must become less."
John 3:30

Joy said...

Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

In treasuring Him, He becomes both the means and the end of our heart's desire.

Two Guys and a Girl said...

Sarah V from Escondido:
James 1:19b-20- Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righeous life that God desires.

Gabrielle P. said...

Gabrielle (Yorktown):
Jesus answered, "It is written: Man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of God." NIV Matthew 4:4

Scott and Deb said...

Deb from Ohio
Isaiah 30:21 NIV
Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it.

I love the clear picture of God guiding us. If only I listened better to hear that voice!

TheBTeam said...

Belinda G Escondido, CA:

"Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may known how you ought to answer each person." Colossians 4:6