Saturday, December 15, 2012

Scripture Memory 2012: Verse 24

WE DID IT!!!!!

24 verses! Can you believe it?! Congratulations!!!

Here are the 9 ladies that stuck it out for the whole year:

Jenny A.
Ginny D.
Belinda G.
Deb G.
Karen K.
Danae L.
Joy P.
Cari
Mindy M.

Last year when I did the Scripture Memory challenge, I didn't go to the official celebration that Beth Moore had in Houston because I had a newborn. Instead, I had my own celebration. On New Year's Eve I recited all 24 verses to my husband and bought my favorite ice cream (Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia) as a special treat. It was fun to celebrate even though it was just something little.

A couple of people have asked me if I'm going to host this challenge again next year. I was only going to do it if Beth Moore wasn't going to have it on her blog, but, good news...Beth just posted her first post about Scripture Memory Challenge 2013:

http://blog.lproof.org/2012/12/its-spiral-time-sisters-lets-spiral-up.html

On her blog she has a really cute spiral notebook you can use for the verses for anyone who is interested. I was going to automatically buy one for each of you, but I didn't want to assume everyone wants to continue next year. If you need a break, no worries! However, if you would like to participate again next year on Beth's blog, please let me know and I will get you a spiral. If you are local, I'll make sure you get it before January 1st. If you are not local, you can email me your address and I'll mail it to you.

Please email me if you would like a spiral. I would like to order them ASAP: andynmegan@yahoo.com

Again, I'm so glad we all did this challenge together. I hope you were super blessed by it.

Oh, and I almost forgot my last verse:

Megan. L from San Marcos "We take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." 2 Corinthians 10:5b NIV


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mindy M, Escondido CA
Isaiah 45:5 - I am the LORD, and there is no other, besides me there is no God;

Danae said...

Danae, Escondido:

"indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep." Psalm 121:4

We did it! Thank you so much, Megan, for organizing and hosting this. What a gift it has been to have scripture coming to mind so quickly and readily this past year. I am excited to do it again this next year through the Beth Moore blog. Blessings to each of you, ladies, whether you made it the full year or not!

Karen said...

Karen K. from Carlsbad:

Psalm 39:7

And so, Lord, where do I put my hope?
My only hope is in you.




Anonymous said...

Cari (South Carolina) "For the LORD is good;
his steadfast love endures forever,
and his faithfulness to all generations." Psalm 100:5 (ESV)

Anonymous said...

Ginny D from Carlsbad
Ecc 12:13
Now all has been heard; here is the conclussion of the matter:
Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. NIV

Joy said...

Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. Phil. 4:2

Thanks for hosting this blog, Megan. It has been such a blessing to be a part of this. A friend gave me the Beth Moore spiral, so I'm all set for next year!

Christian and Jenny said...

Jenny A

Ps 100:5
For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.

Thanks for doing this, Megan! It's been a blessing :)

TheBTeam said...

Belinda G, Escondido

"Whoever fears God will avoid all extremes" Ecclesiates 7:18b (NIV)

Thanks Megan. This challenge definetly made me meditate on scriptures more than I would have if I hadn't been a part of it.

Post a Comment