Thursday, November 1, 2012

Scripture Memory 2012: Verse 21

Only four more verses to go! Can you believe it? We are in the home stretch now!

Don't forget to go back and review your old verses. I've been trying to do this lately, and I'm definitely rusty on some of the verses from earlier this year. You may want to pick an easier verse this time around so that you have time to review.

I really like picking verses based on what lessons God is teaching me at the time, so it's neat going back over the verses from the year and seeing all the areas God's been working on in my heart.

So this is what God is working on with me right now:

Megan L. from San Marcos "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27 NIV

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mindy M, Escondido

Psalm 37:4 (ESV)
Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.

I have been trying to learn to delight in the Lord. So much harder than it seems!

Karen said...

Karen K. from Carlsbad:

Psalm 39:4 (NLT)

Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered - how fleeting my life is.

Anonymous said...

Ginny D from Carlsbad
Pro 14:29 NIV
A patient man has great understanding, but a quick-tempered man displays folly.

TheBTeam said...

"Everything is permissible" -but not everything is beneficial. 1 Cor 10:23

Joy said...

See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ. Col.2:8

Christian and Jenny said...

I am going to do psalm 100 for the next four weeks...
1 Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
2 Worship the Lord with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.

Anonymous said...

Cari (South Carolina) "Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all the earth! Serve the LORD with gladness! Come into his presence with singing!" Psalm 100:1-2 (ESV)

Scott and Deb said...

Deb from Ohio
I Corinthians 9:19 Good News Translation
I am a free man, nobody's slave; but I make myself everybody's slave in order to win as many people as possible.

Danae said...

Danae, Escondido:

"Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." Psalm 139:23-24

Hope it is not too late since this term's verse is nearly memorized already. And it wraps up my memorizing Psalm 139!

Post a Comment